REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Special Events & Development
The National Institute for Reproductive Health (NIRH) builds power at the state and local level to change public policy, galvanize public support, and normalize women’s decisions about abortion and contraception. Using a partnership model, we provide state and local advocates with strategic guidance, hands-on support, and funding to create national change from the ground up. We are a force multiplier – we form strategic partnerships with a wide range of organizations to directly impact the reproductive health and lives of women across the country. Since 2008, NIRH has provided direct grants and hands-on support to more than 150 organizations in 39 states, including in 56 localities, across the country. In 2018, NIRH’s partnerships and its work in New York State and City span 23 states, including 13 localities.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund, with associated PAC’s and IEC, conducts nonpartisan advocacy and electoral engagement to advance reproductive health, rights and justice in states and cities across the country.
HOURS: Approximately 15-20 hours a week, from January – June 2019.
COMPENSATION: Transportation assistance and a stipend of $1500 will be provided.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Special Events & Development on our annual spring luncheon, Champions of Choice and other special events.
- Have a key role in providing research for donor outreach and sponsorship solicitations, and record keeping for donor engagement.
- Conduct other prospect research as needed.
- Manage event records, including sponsorship and ticket sales, and RSVP tracking.
- Assist with special event and day-of-event operations including set-up and execution.
- Participate in departmental team meetings related to events.
- Assist with mail merges, envelope stuffing, data entry and filing.
- Other administrative duties and fundraising support as needed.
- Previous event planning and fundraising experience
- Desire to be a team-player
- Self-motivated showing great initiative
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and communicate clearly
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest professional and ethical standards
- Experience with the suite of Microsoft Office product and experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred. Related experience with another CRM will be considered
Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume in one PDF to [email protected] with “Special Events & Development Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications must be received via email. No phone inquiries please.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer. NIRH strives to build and support an equitable work community that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people. As a member of the reproductive freedom movement, NIRH aims to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including but not limited to Black people and people of color, indigenous/native peoples, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled/differently abled people, immigrants, and low income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these and other diverse backgrounds to apply.