NIRH Seeks: Senior Digital Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Deputy Director for Communications
About National Institute for Reproductive Health & NIRH Action Fund:
The National Institute for Reproductive Health (NIRH) and the National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund (NIRH Action Fund) are advocacy groups that fight for just and equitable access to reproductive health care and build political power for reproductive freedom. We launch campaigns, change policy, and elect candidates, all by working hand-in- hand with reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations in states and cities across the country. We work in the communities the need is great and we can make a difference, so the fabric of reproductive freedom is harder to tear apart.
At the national level, we go where others don’t, engaging in groundbreaking public opinion research, proactive policy initiatives, and innovative advocacy campaigns to shape a new national conversation about reproductive freedom. Our political arm, the NIRH Action Fund, works in parallel to change state and local electoral and policy landscapes.
We don’t just push back against restrictions on abortion and contraception; we fight for a society in which everyone has the freedom and ability to control their reproductive and sexual lives.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund, with associated PACs and IEC, conducts nonpartisan advocacy and electoral engagement to advance reproductive health, rights and justice in states and cities across the country.
The Senior Digital Communications Coordinator position is an integral part of the communications department, with primary responsibility for the organization’s websites, email program, and constituent management database. The Senior Coordinator will work interdepartmentally across the organization, translate the organization’s vision and goals to its digital properties, and develop and execute outreach strategies to various constituencies. This is an opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic about fighting for just and equitable access to reproductive health care, excited about building engagement with activists and supporters, and has the technical expertise to leverage our websites, database, and email program to build power for reproductive freedom.
- Develop and lead implementation strategies for a consistent, inspiring online presence focused on issue education, activist mobilization, and online giving, including email campaigns, working interdepartmentally across the organization.
- Draft and organize email content and manage constituent relationship management (CRM) system, EveryAction.
- Coordinating with the development team on fundraising initiatives; build donation, ticketing, and event registration pages within EveryAction
- Coordination with the development team in an ongoing way to align data across various CRM systems (EveryAction and Raiser’s Edge NXT)
- Manage websites using WordPress; play a key role in website redesign.
- Manage and expand impeccable lists for communications, development, and political action.
- Implement and monitor test plans, metrics and analysis of online fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns.
- Utilize data analytics to advise digital strategy across campaigns
Desired experience and skills:
- Three years of experience developing, executing, and analyzing online campaigns in a fast-paced advocacy and/or electoral environment.
- Deep understanding of digital communications strategies and best practices with an eye toward innovative approaches to values-based communications and mobilization.
- Experience and fluency with constituent relationship management systems and website content management systems, especially EveryAction and WordPress; experience with Raiser’s Edge is a bonus.
- Knowledge of best practices in online organizing, including email writing, testing, and data analysis; ability to fully adhere to organizational branding and style.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills.
- Experience and comfort with Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus.
- Ability to design, execute, and advise paid social media campaigns.
- Ability to synthesize appropriate content for various platforms while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excitement about shaping the online presence and digital strategies of a reproductive health and rights advocacy organization.
- Deep commitment to reproductive, racial, economic, and social justice.
- Familiarity with progressive nonprofit and political communities.
Salary will be in the range of $55,000 – $65,000, depending on experience. Benefits include: A comprehensive benefits package including the option of employer-paid health insurance; dental insurance; a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution after 6 months; TransitChek benefits; generous paid time off; and Summer Fridays (half days) from July until September.
Send resume, cover letter and a writing sample (preferably of an advocacy email) to [email protected] by August 25, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NIRH hopes to have the position filled by late September.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health and NIRH Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. NIRH and NIRH Action Fund strives to build and support an equitable work community that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people. As a member of the reproductive freedom movement, NIRH aims to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including but not limited to Black people and people of color, indigenous/native peoples, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled/differently abled people, immigrants, and low-income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
NIRH and NIRH Action Fund staff and board have committed to racial equity, and as such have been engaged in a multi-year process to adopt a racial equity lens across the organizations. We are a reproductive health and rights organization that incorporates reproductive justice values into our work. We recognize the interconnectivity of identities, such as race, socio-economic status, immigration status, ability, and sex, including sexual orientation, and gender identity, and how they interact with systems of oppressions to shape and impact a person’s freedom and ability to control their reproductive and sexual lives. As a result, this person will join an organization that’s currently engaged in shifting its institutional framework.