REPORTS TO: The Field and Organizing Coordinator
HOURS: 2 days a week, flexible scheduling Monday-Friday between 10am and 6pm. Some nights and weekends (If working a night or weekend, you can take back the time by altering the M-F schedule)
COMPENSATION: Intern will receive travel reimbursement in the form of an unlimited monthly MetroCard.
SUMMARY: NARAL Pro-Choice New York’s Political and Government Affairs department works on the political, legislative and community levels to protect safe, legal abortion and to expand the full range of reproductive rights for all women. The Organizing Intern will work to increase our base of volunteers and engage them in our advocacy campaigns and public outreach.
- Work with Field and Organizing Coordinator to engage our supporters in advocacy campaigns and events.
- Help plan and attend public outreach activities including workshops, tabling, phone banking, and petition collection.
- Secure, train and supervise NARAL volunteers/activists to participate in the advocacy events and actions described above.
- Recruit activists to attend our annual pro-choice Lobby Day in Albany.
- Utilize and maintain volunteer and member databases.
- Passion for social justice and reproductive rights
- A strong interest in the legislative and political processes, as well as organizing and volunteer coordination
- Eagerness to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable doing outreach over the phone
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Detail-oriented and organized
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Organizing Intern”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.