The National Institute for Reproductive Health (www.nirhealth.org) works to increase access to reproductive health care by changing public policy, galvanizing public support, and normalizing women’s decisions to have abortions and use contraception. Since 2008, the National Institute has partnered with more than 100 organizations in 46 localities and 35 states. The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund conducts legislative and political advocacy to protect and advance reproductive health, rights, and justice in New York and supports partner advocacy in states and cities nationwide. The Action Fund previously operated as NARAL Pro-Choice New York.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health and Action Fund are looking for an experienced Senior Major Donor Officer to substantially expand the organization’s pool of major individual donors, particularly outside of New York State. The Senior Major Donor Officer will have a proven track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing individual gifts at the 5- and 6-figure level, as well as stewarding existing donors. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Development, and will also work directly with the organization’s President and members of its Board of Directors.
- Personally develop and manage a prospect portfolio aimed at significantly increasing major gift support, particularly for 501c4 non-tax-deductible activities, including electoral activities.
- Identify, acquire, cultivate, and solicit donors and prospects, both personally and in conjunction with Board and staff leadership.
- Steward relationships with donors and prospects, including by regular communication to ensure high levels of engagement.
- Implement donor cultivation, stewardship, and appreciation programs and activities.
- Work collaboratively and closely with staff in multiple departments to coordinate donor visits, develop materials for donors, and compile donor requested information and data
- Ensure that all activities are documented to guarantee the quality of communication and donor records.
- Perform other duties as assigned
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- An innovative thinker and strategist with a demonstrated track record of successfully closing major gifts from individuals.
- At least 5 years of frontline fundraising experience, including raising political dollars. Political campaign experience a plus.
- Stellar verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required, along with the ability to take initiative and to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment.
- Ability to conceptualize and describe organizational needs in accessible, persuasive, and inspiring ways.
- Ability to connect with individuals with diverse personalities and styles and at different levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under deadlines.
- Travel required.
- B.A. required, advanced degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, as well as development databases such as Raisers Edge.
- Deep commitment to social and economic justice
Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Senior Major Donor Officer” in the subject line. No telephone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, person with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals to apply.