About the National Institute for Reproductive Health
The National Institute for Reproductive Health (NIRH) and the National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund (NIRH Action Fund) are advocacy groups that fight for just and equitable access to reproductive health care and build political power for reproductive freedom. We launch campaigns, change policy, and elect candidates, all by working hand-in-hand with reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations in states and cities across the country. We work in the communities the need is great and we can make a difference, so the fabric of reproductive freedom is harder to tear apart.
At the national level, we go where others don’t, engaging in groundbreaking public opinion research, proactive policy initiatives, and innovative advocacy campaigns to shape a new national conversation about reproductive freedom. Our political arm, the NIRH Action Fund, works in parallel to change state and local electoral and policy landscapes.
We don’t just push back against restrictions on abortion and contraception; we fight for a society in which everyone has the freedom and ability to control their reproductive and sexual lives.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is looking for a temporary, part-time Administrative Assistant to work from June through December 2021 for an average of 15-20 hours per week.
Role and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Program Assistant will primarily support the Program Unit and be accountable for, but not limited to, the following key responsibilities:
- Supporting the CPO with administrative tasks as needed;
- Coordinating and providing logistical support for internal and external meetings and conference calls including scheduling, note taking, setting up conference lines;
- Coordinate and schedule webinar series, including the sending of invitations to team and staff for sign-up;
- Database maintenance ;
- Writing and social media as needed;
- Arranging travel and lodging for meetings and conferences; (as relevant when traveling is permitted).
- Processing staff and programmatic expenses and reimbursement reports;
- Assisting with mass mailings and photocopying;
- Assisting with receiving and compiling information from partner reports and proposals;
- Providing additional administrative and logistical support as needed.
- Detailed oriented and organized;
- Experience and ability to work effectively in a remote environment while completing administrative tasks;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Comfortable with technology and can troubleshoot when needed;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion;
- A commitment to social justice and reproductive freedom is required, experience in the reproductive rights, health or justice fields is a plus but not required.
Compensation: This is a temporary, part-time position with an hourly rate of $25-$30.
COVID-19: The Program Assistant reports directly to the Chief Program Officer and is a temporary part-time position located in New York, NY. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will begin as fully remote but could transition to an onsite position should the office reopen before December 2021.
Application : Please email a resume and brief statement of interest with “Program Assistant” in the subject line to [email protected] by June 15th, 2021.
Start Date: Anticipated start during the week of July 6th, 2021.
EEO Statement: NIRH is an equal opportunity employer. NIRH strives to build and support an equitable work community that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people. As a member of the reproductive freedom movement, NIRH aims to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including but not limited to Black people and people of color, indigenous and native people, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled people, immigrants, and low-income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Equity Statement: NIRH and NIRH Action Fund staff and board have committed to racial equity, and as such have been engaged in a multi-year process to adopt a racial equity lens across the organizations. We are a reproductive health and rights organization that incorporates reproductive justice values into our work. We recognize the interconnectivity of identities, like race, socio-economic status, immigration status, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, and how they interact with systems of oppressions to shape and impact a person’s access to abortion and contraception. As a result, this person will join an organization that’s currently engaged in shifting its institutional framework.