Digital Communications Manager
The National Institute for Reproductive Health works to increase access to reproductive health care by changing public policy, galvanizing public support, and normalizing women’s decisions to have abortions and use contraception. Since 2008, the National Institute has partnered with more than 150 organizations in 56 localities and 39 states. The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund conducts legislative and political advocacy to protect and advance reproductive health, rights, and justice in New York and supports partner advocacy in states and cities nationwide.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is looking for a talented, innovative full-time Digital Communications Manager with a fresh, creative approach and a demonstrated commitment to furthering the organization’s goals and strategy. This position will be responsible for NIRH’s digital personality and engagement with supporters by generating and leading digital strategy, list building and management, email campaign management and maintenance, and online community-building.
Responsibilities will also include technical assistance and leadership, and strategic guidance as needed, to dozens of state and local partner organizations throughout the U.S. as they develop their digital capacities.
- Develop and lead implementation of strategies for a consistent, inspiring online presence focused on issue education, activist and votermobilization, and online giving, including email and social media campaigns.
- Create and manage online initiatives including online advertising and online/offline integration strategies.
- Manage and expand impeccable lists for communications, development, and political action.
- Maintain and expand the organization’s online presence, including technical management of multiple organizational websites and social network profiles, bolstering increased online visibility and brand recognition.
- Work interdepartmentally with executive, political, development teams to oversee and implement online communications, grassroots organizing activities, and online fundraising strategy.
- Implement and monitor test plans, metrics and analysis of online fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns.
- Utilize data analytics to advise digital strategy across campaigns.
- Write and edit emails, web and social media content as needed.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Three to five years of experience developing, executing, and analyzing online campaigns in a fast-paced advocacy and/or electoral environment.
- Deep understanding of digital communications strategies and best practices with an eye toward innovative approaches to values-based communications and mobilization.
- Experience and fluency with constituent relationship management systems and website content management systems, especially Blue State Digital and WordPress; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in online organizing, including email writing, testing, and data analysis; ability to fully adhere to organizational branding and style.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills.
- Experience and comfort with Adobe Creative Suite package, including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- Ability to design, execute, and advise paid social media campaigns.
- Ability to synthesize appropriate content for various platforms while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and collaborative environment.
- Excitement about shaping the online presence and digital strategies of a rapidly growing non-profit organization.
- Deep commitment to reproductive, racial, economic, and social justice.
- An understanding of both the New York and national progressive nonprofit and political community.
Salary will be in the range of $65,000 – $75,000, depending on experience. The National Institute for Reproductive Health offers an excellent benefit package.
Email a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line. Cover letters must include one example of strong CRM/CMS management skills and one example of digital strategy and/or campaign execution. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; ideally, the Digital Communications Manager would officially begin at NIRH no later than January 7, 2019.
This job posting will close at 4pm EST on Friday, December 7.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, person with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals to apply.