Reports to: Prospect Research & Development Coordinator
Hours: 20 hours+ per week, flexible scheduling Monday-Friday between 10:00am and 5:00pm
Position Available: Spring 2020
The National Institute for Reproductive Health (NIRH) builds power at the state and local level to change public policy, galvanize public support, and normalize women’s decisions about abortion and contraception. Using a partnership model, we provide state and local advocates with strategic guidance, hands-on support, and funding to create national change from the ground up. We are a force multiplier – we form strategic partnerships with a wide range of organizations to directly impact the reproductive health and lives of women across the country. Since 2008, NIRH has provided direct grants and hands-on support to nearly 150 reproductive health, rights, and justice organizations in more than 39 states and 56 localities across the country. In 2019, NIRH’s partnerships and its work in New York State and City span 23 states, including 14 localities.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund, with associated PAC’s and IEC, conducts nonpartisan advocacy and electoral engagement to advance reproductive health, rights and justice in states and cities across the country.
The Development Department plays an integral role in the operations of the National Institute for Reproductive Health and the National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund. Our individual and institutional donors make the work of our organizations possible. The Development Operations Intern is a data-oriented position that will assist the Development Department in maintaining the donor database and building out new systems to streamline moves management of current and prospective donors.
- Input and update of donor records in our donor database, Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain the consistency, accuracy, and hygiene of Raiser’s Edge
- Create new systems and procedures to streamline data consistency
- Support the development team in a myriad of fundraising efforts, including reporting and tracking donor outreach
- Assist with logistics and data needs for event planning for Young Professionals Program and other special events as needed.
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- A strong interest in nonprofit work, particularly fundraising and event-planning
- Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database experience desired, not required
- MS Office computer skills
- Ability to multitask while being highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to show initiative, ask questions, and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong personal commitment to social justice issues
Compensation & Benefits: Transportation assistance and a stipend of $1,800 will be provided.
TO APPLY: Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume in one PDF to [email protected] with subject line “Development Operations Intern.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications must be received via email. No phone inquiries please.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer. NIRH strives to build and support an equitable work community that attracts, develops, and retains exceptional people. As a member of the reproductive freedom movement, NIRH aims to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including but not limited to Black people and people of color, indigenous/native peoples, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled/differently abled people, immigrants, and low income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these and other diverse backgrounds to apply.