REPORTS TO: Communications Assistant
HOURS: 12-20 hours per week, flexible scheduling available Monday-Friday 10-6.
COMPENSATION: A monthly MetroCard and stipend will be provided
The National Institute for Reproductive Health (www.nirhealth.org) works to increase access to reproductive health care by changing public policy, galvanizing public support, and normalizing women’s decisions to have abortions and use contraception. Since 2008, the National Institute has partnered with more than 120 organizations in 37 states and 48 localities, providing strategic guidance, hands-on support, and capacity building (including funding) to state and local advocates. The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund conducts legislative and political advocacy to protect and advance reproductive health, rights, and justice in New York and supports partner advocacy in states and cities nationwide.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health seeks a creative individual who is passionate about reproductive freedom to create cutting-edge design products, such as web graphics and social media images, and to work on distinct video projects that will raise the profile of the institution, our issues, and the reproductive rights, health and freedom organizations with which we work.
- Design social media graphics
- Edit existent video, creating sharable clips
- Propose and create digital content
- Mock up and create sample swag—stickers, buttons, tote bags, etc as needed
- Draft bi-monthly media roundups of NIRH news and news from the reproductive health, rights, and justice movement
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Demonstrated mastery of design programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and video production software.
- Passion for social justice and reproductive health, rights, and freedom
- A strong design sense, creativity, and willingness to try new things
- Interest in creating content for social media
- Eagerness to learn.
- Ability to work independently.
Please email a thoughtful resume and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Communications Intern.” People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.