On April 20, 2017, the Multnomah County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to pass a proclamation in support of policies that support insurance coverage and funding for all reproductive health care services for women, including abortion. This vote followed a hearing by the Board of Commissioners on March 29, 2016, that examined the landscape of reproductive health care access in the county. The National Institute and All* Above All partnered with the Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon (APANO), the Momentum Alliance, the Western States Center, and the We are BRAVE Coalition to introduce and win passage of this proclamation.
- Read the resolution here.
- Watch video of the meeting and the compelling testimony from advocates here (begins at 1:33:40).
- Read testimony from the following speakers:
- Read the Storify for the live-tweeting of the meeting here.
- Read more about this resolution on Western States Center’s blog.
- Read the press release here.