The National Institute for Reproductive Health (www.nirhealth.org) works to increase access to reproductive health care by changing public policy, galvanizing public support, and normalizing women’s decisions to have abortions and use contraception. Since 2008, the National Institute has partnered with more than 120 organizations in 37 states and 48 localities, providing strategic guidance, hands-on support, and capacity building (including funding) to state and local advocates. The National Institute for Reproductive Health Action Fund conducts legislative and political advocacy to protect and advance reproductive health, rights, and justice in New York and supports partner advocacy in states and cities nationwide.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health and Action Fund are looking for an experienced Special Events and Development Manager with a proven track record of implementing successful fundraising events, including large galas, as well as cultivating and stewarding individual donors. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Development.
• Lead in planning and executing the annual Gala, working closely with event leadership and Board of Directors.
• Develop fundraising strategy, build timeline, track revenue, and manage budget to meet / exceed Gala revenue target.
• Oversee all logistical aspects and details of the Gala, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to manage venue, print and digital collateral, décor, honorees/speakers, AV, and more.
• Execute smaller fundraising/cultivation events throughout the year.
• Coordinating with Senior Philanthropy Officer, develop and grow mid-level and low-dollar individual donor base, including online donors and young donors, nurturing relationships with current donors and cultivating new prospects through research and outreach.
• Oversee research for background memos and call sheets for use by President, Senior Vice President of Development, and Senior Philanthropy Officer
• Ensure timely communications and tailored, personalized contact to increase donor retention and maximize revenue.
• Coordinating with the other Development team members, calendar and oversee execution of mailings, including donor updates and appeals.
• Continually enhance best practices and consistent processes, such as acknowledgement letters and data entry, overseeing the Development Assistant.
• Maintain clean, up-to-date, and concise donor actions and notes in Raisers Edge
• Ensure that all activities are documented to guarantee the quality of communication and donor records.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
• At least 3-5 years of fundraising experience.
• Excellent partnership-building and event planning skills, with high degree of initiative.
• Proven project management and leadership capabilities, including oversight of external vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under deadlines.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required, along with the ability to take initiative and to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment.
• Ability to connect with individuals with diverse personalities and styles and at different levels of seniority.
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors and prospects
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
• B.A. required.
• Deep commitment to social justice.
Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Special Events and Development Manager” in the subject line. No telephone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The National Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, person with disabilities and LGBTQ individuals to apply.