The Philadelphia Board of Health unanimously passed a resolution supporting comprehensive reproductive health care coverage on February 14, 2013. Citing the direct impact of restrictions on insurance coverage of abortion on Philadelphia women, the resolution called on state lawmakers to vote against a state-level ban on abortion coverage and urged federal lawmakers to reinstate abortion coverage for every woman who needs it, regardless of the source of her insurance. Advocacy efforts were led by a local abortion fund, the Women’s Medical Fund, with hands-on support and guidance from NIRH.
- The Philadelphia Board of Health resolution
- The National Institute for Reproductive Health press release
- Philadelphia Inquirer coverage
- RH Reality Check coverage
- Audio coverage on the resolution by Newsworks (begins at 5:40)
- Catholics for Choice press release
- Coverage of the resolution from the Center for Reproductive Rights on RH Reality Check